What Documents Do You Need to Translate to Travel?

What Documents Do You Need to Translate to Travel?

Traveling is, perhaps, one of the best things a person can do in his or her spare time. Going on a trip to another country not only improves mental health but can also influence your physical wellbeing very well. Yet, sometimes, such a venture can be interrupted by some unwanted factors, one of which is the problems with documents. Although this part of a trip is one of the most important, if not the most, it is often overlooked by travelers, no matter how long they’ve been traveling and where.

Handle with Care 

Obviously, you must keep an eye on your documents as you travel. They must be with you at all times and you mustn’t lose any of them at all costs. Yet, what about the pre-travel stage when you gather all the necessary documents before you even visit the visa center? This is where the problems usually start and that may last until it’s too late. And one of the aspects of these problems is document translation. 

Document translation is a very serious matter, which, however, is often underestimated as unnecessary. However, in order to travel today, you must have a specific reason to do that, which can be supported only by certain documents. And to enter a certain country, some governments require such documents to be not only legally certified but also translated. See more information about legal and certified translation agencies at Pickwriters to see how these things work. Still, which one should come in the language of your destination country? Here are some examples. 

  • Education documents. Whenever you need to travel to study (which occurs quite often today), you’ll have to keep all the documents that prove your student status at a certain university translated. This way, the customs will never have any doubts that you’re a student who crosses the border to get yourself educated.
  • Marriage or birth certificates. These two are needed for traveling quite often, especially if you take your spouse, parents, children, or other relatives to live with you permanently. Being a very serious matter on its own, such an operation certainly requires a serious approach to all the needed documents and, correspondingly, their translation.
  • Licenses and permits. If you’re traveling for the sake of doing business or working for somebody, licenses and permits are a must. Again, migrant employment is considered to be a very serious thing, so corresponding documents are often checked thoroughly. Having them translated would largely reduce the time this process takes.
  • Essential documents. Those would be your IDs of different kinds and even your passport. Driver’s licenses, veteran cards, etc. should be kept translated at all times. In some cases, you might even need to get your passport translated to enter a country. So, consider the need of translating such documents as well. 

The great thing about document translation is that there are a lot of agencies and specialists who do this kind of work promptly and professionally. And if you need to start doing online business internationally, check language translation services at TheWordPoint and make sure to make your digital content not only translated but also culturally optimized. Gladly, translation services are currently developing very fast, so there’s a lot to get online.

Traveling with Care

In times of pandemic, traveling carefully is very important. This concerns pretty much everything, from health safety precautions to travel documents. In order not to get disappointed or even have your business trip interrupted, it’s important to keep everything you need for your journey at hand. It’s best to start collecting and translating your documents beforehand in order for your trip to be smooth and easy.


Anyone working with Henry McDowell can be amazed by his passion for work and sharing. Henry works tirelessly as he researches a new topic for himself, a thing he does quite often. At the same time, Henry doesn’t see his research being complete without also being shared with others.

15 Dec 2020
SG Expats

Visit Expat Forum

Re: Looking for a Writing Tutor for my Grade 8 girl

I think you should look for Global help or Online platforms who are assisting children with experts, you may observe that students already getting help from for their Academia.

Posted in International Schools

Re: How to lose weight?

Running and low carb diet in my way

Posted in Beauty, Health & Fitness

Re: Starting a Business in Singapore and the Entrepass

What commerce business are popular in your country?

Posted in Business in Singapore